I thought some bladed weaponry would look good above the mantle. Dad thought some full-size babe pinups would fit the space perfectly. But ultimately, I somehow ended up with sunflowers. I suppose pictures of the reproductive parts of plants is sort of like pictures of babes…roll that disturbing thought through your brain a bit.
Admittedly, I like sunflowers. I wish I had grown some this year. And I had been living in fear that the mantle would eventually be adorned with paintings of cabins in the woods, so I can live with sunflowers.
But it’s a lengthy stretch–99 inches to be exact, and Liz had acquired 4 individual pictures. This would create a ratio that would show every slight deviation in alignment, so they had to be mounted with exacting perfection. Fortunately, OCD can be leveraged to accomplish such perfection, so out came my tool kit and the drafting equipment (paper and pencil).
Okay…99 divided into 4 equal partitions would be 24 3/4 inches, so if I measure the exact middle, 49 1/2 inches, and the height is 40 3/4 inches, then the middle is…
…Also consider the width and height of the frames, and the locations of the mounting brackets, and the distance between…
I ended up with this nightmarish blueprint:
At least the frames were light so I didn’t have to worry about mounts or studs. Studs are never where they’re needed, and mounts always seem to have a 50/50 chance of ripping the drywall out.
One more wall decorated.